How to recreate Markle’s hairstyle
To find out, I asked L’Oréal Paris celebrity hairstylist Jonathan Colombini, who told me that copying her tousled, textured look is easier than you might expect. “This style requires some texture and grit,” he says, which means you may not want to try it on the day that you wash your hair.
1. Start with a boar bristle round brush, and use it to blow dry your hair out without any volumizing products, which Colombini says will help “recreate movement.”
2. Next section your hair in quadrants—two in the back from the center of your hairline down to the nape of your neck, and two in the front from your crown toward each ear—then break those quadrants down into smaller sections.
3. Wrap these individual sections around a 2-inch curling barrel, allowing the ends to stick out, and continue rotating the iron in the same direction that the hair is wrapped.
4. To finish things off, use a strong-hold, shine-inducing hairspray, like L’Oreal Paris Elnett Hairspray ($13), to lock in the look.
5. Et voila—with a few twists of an iron and a $13 spritz, your hair can be cover-ready, too.
Oh hi! You look like someone who loves free workouts, discounts for cutting-edge wellness brands, and exclusive Well+Good content. Sign up for Well+, our online community of wellness insiders, and unlock your rewards instantly.
Our editors independently select these products. Making a purchase through our links may earn Well+Good a commission.